Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!! Thx Ray!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92, HELP! Significative numbers!!! Thx Ray!

Hi guys,

Firstly I want to thank to Ray Kremer for having done what I should have
done when I started this discussion, and this is explaining to everybody
what significative figures mean. Sorry, but I thought you all know what
they were. I was wrong (not pretending to offend you, but you have such
powerful calculators and don't know the basis of Maths or Statistics?!
You use them for what? Only for gaming?!!!).

Secondly, now you have all understand what significative figures are, do
you know if there is any calculator that knows how to handle with them?
I think it should be a standard for any scientific calculator, anyway...

> The TI-92 is not programmed to do sig figs,
Absolutely sure about that?  :-(((

> and such a thing would be very hard to program,
:-(((((((((((((((( Anyway if anyone manage to program it could you send
me the code, please?

> while it's not so hard to just do it by yourself, as long as you
> actually know how.
Sorry, Ray. From all you have said I agree in everything excepting this
point. Imagine you have defined a formula that requires lots of
parameters, as weights, volumes, densities, etc., if you had the
significative figures option you would only type f(5.0,4.356,3.32...),
for instance, and get the proper result, but if you don't, you have to
do all the calculus by handing... Am I right?

Best Regards
Tiago Carvalho

P.S: Sorry for my bad English...