Re: Why not the TI-92?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why not the TI-92?

>On the TI-92 you can use the numbers and letters in the menus to move
>around just like on every other TI-8x calculator.

Granted, but that makes you move your hand around an awful lot.  Sure I'm
lazy, but menus like that are only easy to use if there's a mouse attached.
The 85/86 menus, however, use only the five F-keys and the MORE key.  You
don't have to pay attention to which letter what command is, you just find
it and hit the F-key.  I just like it better that way, it seems to be the
fastest since there is no TI mouse.  The TI-92 in general makes you move
your hands around all the time to type in even simple things.  I started out
on the 85, so the difference never ceased to annoy me.  Numbers on the right,
F-keys on the left, letters for variables somewhere in the middle, and 2nd
keys in two different places, neither of which are convenient.  There is only
one benefit to the qwerty keyboard - programming, and I don't care about
that since I program on the PC and send it over via Graph Link cable.  Now,
the whole keyboard thing is an acceptible sacrifice if you need the extra
power of the 92, but I don't.  The upcoming TI-89 sounds like the best of
both worlds, though.