Re: Intergrals on the ti85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Intergrals on the ti85

On Thu, Jan 29, 1998, Garvin <cung@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> is there a way to do integration on the TI85? i'm trying to avoid
> using programs, but if there is no other way, just tell me which is
> the best prog to use.

actually there's two ways.  graphically, and using a function.
on a graph, graph y1 as some function.
under math you'll see the integral sign S f(x) (looks similar), and you
can set the lower and upper bounds to evaluate a definite integral.

Under the calc menu, there's the function fnInt().
Use:
fnInt(function, variable with respect to (ie x), lower bound, upper bound)

ie:
fnInt(2x,x,1,2) should return 3.  You can verify this using the
Fundamental Theorem of Calculus:
f(x) = 2x
F(x) = x^2
F(b) - F(a) = 2^2 - 1^2 = 3