Re: TI85 to PC link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 to PC link

Steven Megson wrote:

> I am having problems connecting my TI85 to a PC, and wondered if
> anyone had
> experienced similar problems and could help me. I have built the
> homemade
> serial link and use it with the Conenct-85 software. With a 486 this
> works
> fine, but with my new P166 the software just sits saying "Initaiting
> transfer" or "Waiting for TI85". I have read that some link software
> cannot
> handle computers faster than P75, and assume that this is the problem.
> have tried setting the link speed factor to values up to 20, but this
> did
> not help. I have also tried the cal software, which claims to limit
> the
> link speed itself, but this did not help either.
>
> If anyone has found a way to solve this, I would be grateful for any
> suggestions.
>
> --
> Steven Megson
> martinmegson@virgin.net

Try WTran8x.  I have had good luck with it.  If you still have problems,
the problems lies with your hardware.  I have used this program on
computers ranging from Pentium 75 to Cyrix 686/P-200+ systems.  It
worked most of the time, but with some of the computers I had no
success.  You may also want to try Cal or Link85xp with a DOS 5.0/6.0
boot disk.  Good luck!

-Jeremy