Re: "Rude Is as Rude Does....."

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Rude Is as Rude Does....."

I'm sorry, but has any TI person ever had the chance of using an HP? I don't
want to share my opinion of these calculators for fear of being "rude."

Oh well: HyPe.  It is slow, it navigates with little "windows" that take 10
seconds to load, and it has a far from complete database of equations
supposedly used by "real engeneers" such as the area of a circle.  It also
uses a style of entry called Polish notation which is the next step up from
the abacus and which brings shame to my heritage.  BTW: a 92 isn't allowed
for standardized tests, so what's the quip?  I'd like to compare someone
punching away to get the formula for the volume of a cone on their HP taking
a test next to someone using a TI.

I am particularly upset with this calculator because my "calculus" class
incorporates them into the curriculum and leaves the people who had a TI for
years out.  My math teacher has said that "real engeneers" us it countless
of times yet I never heard of a real engeneer using it who is any realer
than one using a slide rule or a TI.  The teacher has, of course, convinced
all but 2 or 3 people to get an HP, because they all want to be "real
engeneers."