Re: Memory, where did it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Memory, where did it go??

Stuff like the pixels on the grpah screen, for storing what mode your
in, the contast level, whats in the "Entry" buffer, etc.  Remember, the
graph screen is 128x64 pixels on the 85 (the 83 is 96x64 I do believe),
and picture files are ~1k.  Also, text on the screen has to be accounted
for too - that's 21x8 characters on the 85, 8x16 on your 83.

Now the big question is where has all the memory on the 86 gone?  While
the 85 has 32k of ram, with 28k user memory, the 86 has 128k ram but
only 98k user memory.  What gives?  There is 30k missing!

Todd

Jack the Klipper wrote:

> On the TI83 box, it says that there is 32K of RAM. Neat. Only 27K can be
> accessed. What exactly is the last 5 K used for?? Is it reserved for
> math operations?? or does the ROM take it??

Follow-Ups: References: