Re: A83: ROM dump?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ROM dump?

Well, first of all, a ROM dump is when you copy the ENTIRE ROM
(read-ONLY-memory, has all the functions in it like sin, graph stuff,
line(, text(, etc, etc...  TI-9x's internal programing) to, say, your
computer so you can see how it works so that people can make emulators
(like anhaving an 83 on the PC) or find functions that TI hasn't released
(yet?), like other asm funtions that you can call, but don't know the
address to, or how to use it, etc, etc...

Well, hope that cleared that up for you...

BTW, ti-83 ROM is FlashROM, so you don't have to make a whole nother chip
if you want to change the ROM, just try to get access to a ROM flasher (I
actually don't know much about it, but there's my 2 cents...)

                -Dimitri

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Mike Leister wrote:

> What is a ROM dump and why would you do it?  I have a TI-83, but I can't =
> find out how to check the ROM version from my manual.  What is the =
> latest ROM version for the TI-83?  After a ROM dump, do you replace it =
> with a newer version, or has someone written their own ROM that is =
> better that the latest from TI?
>
> Mike

Follow-Ups: References: