Re: HELP--Parallel Link to TI-86 problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BarCode wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a Cyrix 6x86 PR-200+ also and using Cal in DOS-Mode, I have
> been able
> to send information from the TI-86 to my computer and gram the LCD
> Screen
> display on the computer, but not able to send info to the calculator.
> I get
> the same error code.
>
> The plug is the same as the one I got from my TI-92.  I notice that
> the plug
> that came with my TI-86 is tapered in at the end.  Whereas my 92 plug
> was
> straight.  I wonder if that has caused the problem?  Or if it is if it
> has
> damaged my 86?
>
> BC

Check to make sure you have the right diodes.  I think that may be my
problem.  Also, with Mo'Slo, I can send extremely small programs to the
calculator.  The plug I am using came from a TI-92 also, but it is
tapered at the end like my 86 cable.  That shouldn't be causing any
problems.  Sometimes, CAL will give me a null pointer instruction (or
whatever it is), either having terminated itself, or after I exit.  I
get that error when I exit CAL after it refuses to send programs at
all.  The calculator reports just a code 38, rather than a code 38 +
program name.  I don't know what to do about it, but I am working on my
own link program that will solve all these problems.  I should be done
with it within a few weeks, given that I can get the information I
need.  Good luck!

-Jeremy