Re: TI 92 ROM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI 92 ROM

umm.. ok.. whatever
but still, if you actually OWN the calculator, what are they gonna bust
you for? having an illegal rom? i don't think so.. you have the
calculator, and therefore, you have the rom. if the guy is looking for a
rom for the calc he OWNS, and he can't get the link/program to work, then
his best bet is to d/l one. HE IS NOT gonna get busted for having a rom
that he already had anyway.

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Wes Mininger (pyr) wrote:

> Ok, This is a misconception,  There is no law saying that if you have
> illegal software, that if you delete it within 24 hours you are safe.  If
> you download anything that is copyrighted, licensed or whatever, you can
> get it trouble for it. The only reason that you see all those warez sites
> with 'blah blah delete it within 24 hours blah blah' is because some guy
> out there wants to protect his own butt.  So, next time you see somehting
> that says this you can basically ignore it... jsut dont tell anyone you
> have downloaded it and keep it... I am not against warez at all (im a
> college student) but I just find it stupid that people think they are
> protected because they 'deleted it within 24 hours'
>
> On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, dobey wrote:
>
> :actually, it is not illegal to d/l the rom. it is illegal to keep the
> :rom
> :after 24 hours if you don't own an actual calculator.
> :
> :Tavis Segura wrote:
> :>
> :> Are there any programs that will let me extract a TI-92 ROM for the
> :> emulator using TI's Graphlink cable?
> :>
> :> Tavis
> :>
> :> Todd Stanley wrote:
> :> >
> :> > Warning:  Downloading a Rom is illeagal.  Your best bet is to try to
> :> > get
> :> > the one that is in your calculator.
> :> >
> :> > Todd
> :

Follow-Ups: References: