Re: ZIP files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZIP files

>> .hqx compression was made specifically for the MAC.
>> .zip compression was ORIGINALLY made for the PC.
>> .html files were made for platform independence, which is why they are

I don't know how to game knowlege, but .hqx is used by the mac.  all it is
are files encoded into hex code.  It wasn't made specifically for the mac
since there are decompressors for it on computers earlier than the Mac.
Mac programmers simplly improved it so it could do RFs.

>> oh.. btw... Windows can be run on the Mac, as well as variations of
>> UNIX.

Oh realy?  I'd like you to show me how to use my RedHat 5.0/QNX
server/NT4/and NextSTEP.  Not realy.  I know exactly what I'm talking and
every single thing about it was true and is.

>> as you can see, i am not using DOS/Windows on the PC that i am
>> running...

I just have to ask which boot loader are you using.  I use lilo ever since
I dumped the beta NT3.11.

>run Mac software.  There is an inexpensive emulator for the PC called
>Executor.  Both Macs and PCs can read .hqx, .sit, .zip, and .lzh

I wouldn't call it inexpensive...  Its $200.  Btw, the crack has been taken
off of the net for it...  :(  DONT ASK ME FOR IT... :)