Idea for calc upgrade

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Idea for calc upgrade

What if someone could make a pic (micro-controller) that uses the CBL
functionability in most TI-calcs with a link port to provide a memory
upgrade (of a sorts) plus other functions (sound, serial, clock/calender,
temp) to the calcs without any asm programming on calc. Any data that you
need to use could be stored on variables and anything you want it to do you
store into control variables. Plus you could have it store stuff that you
send to it over the link protocol and have it send stuff back to you.
Something like this could be used to store several backups of your calc
(like zshell, and other shell systems) plus any strings.
And with an interface using variables you could write basic programs that
could use the interface.
My only question (since I thought this up in a moment of boredom in algebra
and I haven't found any docs on cbl and link port stuff (no manual)) is
could something like this be made to work?

     -James, N9XLC
     -jrhall@infocom.com