Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:01:40 GMT, "Ax-Man" <krw699@aol.com> wrote:

>Can anybody tell me how to evaluate a recursively defined sequence.
>
>a(1) = 2
>a(n) = a(n-1) + (4/a(n-1))
>
>I have a ti 86 and cannot find out how to do this.  my friends are able to
>do it on their 82's and 85's but I cant.  I need to evaluate it from
>1000-1009.

Write a program to do it.  Some basic insturctions are in the calc's
manual.  Programming the calcs is a useful skill for many tests
(programming during the test, not cheating by the way).
--
TheLaser <prjohnson at utahlinx dot com>