Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: need help evaluating a recursuive sequence on ti 86!!!!!!!!

Hmm I'm not quite sure, but as I've understood it

recursion is when the next result is dependant on previous results e.g.
when solving differential equations numerically you need a starting point.

whereas

iteration is calculations dependant on previous results BUT approaching a
fixed point e.g. like Newton-Raphson zero method you (normally) approach
one fixed point namely the zero.

If this is not right PLEASE notify me because I need it for an exercise.

Kasper Vibe Grevsen

Follow-Ups: References: