(No Subject)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(No Subject)

I'm trying to find the fastest plotting method for a process for a program that I wrote for my 92+:

Variables a,b,c,d,e,f,g are entered via a dialog box.

using these values,

a',b',c',d',e',f',g',h',i',j',k'

need to be calculated.

a'-h' are functions of a,b,c,d,e,f,g, and F
(assume F & f are not the same for now, just for demo purposes)

i' and j' are functions of a'-h'

k' is a function of i' and j'

F ranges from 2 to 150 in increments of 2

the graph is k vs F

I used to have it so that a'-j' were calculated using a-g and F was left untouched, so that F was the only remaing argument and therefore the loop variable in a For Loop that plotted a k for every  F.

But since the functions a'-h' are pretty long, this ended up taking about 1min,20 sec for the plot to be generated.

Then I started using my head...

I made an F list {2,4,6,8,10,...} and used this in a direct calculation of a'-k' and created a new data file with c1 being the F list and c2 being the k list and then gaphed the xy line plot.  This reduced calculating/plotting time to 20 sec.!

Since the reduction of calculating/plotting time was substancially reduced (by 75%), that kinda gave me hope that an alternate method would lead to even better results (although another 75% reduction would seem unlikely).  Ideally 5 sec or less would be awesome.

Does anybody with plenty of programming experience know of a better plotting method or arithmetic process for this particular task?

If any further info about the program is needed, I'll be happy to correspond with someone through one-on-one e-mail.

---
oscar