Re: ti's to computer or there and back again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:32 PM 08/24/98 PDT, Tomas C wrote:
>To begin with I don't have a computer.  I use something like a web tv
>to get online.  I have three ti's: 92,86,82, that I want to store on
>3-1/2 floppy.  At work we have multiple computers that I can use to
>do this with.  All three calcs have different and complex programs
>that I would like to save.  What I need to know is:
>What software do I need to buy to do this?
The software is all free.  What you needs depends on the hardware.

>What hardware do I need to do this?
You can BUY a real graph-link from TI($25?), and use their software(free)
You can build your own link cord (schematics available, just ask the list)
and use some public software
You can have some nice person build you a link cord and send it to you (~$5)

>Is there enough memory on a single 3-1/2 floppy to hold all the
>memory of a single TI?

Many times over.
(all figures approximate.  some are even just guesses)
The 92 has 64K of user ram.  The 86 has 64K also (??).  The 82 has nearly
32K (but a lot is wasted).  With these figures, a single 1.44MB floppy
would hold 9 full backups from each calculator (27 backups total).

--
Bill Risher        Sparr      UIN:1952775    ._, . . .
Lorenai #44        Makra      FON:9316484164 |_) o | |

Follow-Ups: References: