TI Output Rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI Output Rate

First of all, I respect the opinions of others who have commented on the
output rate of TI and HP graphing calculators.

Second, I would have to disagree in most part about the argument
regarding the quality of TI calculators.  Producing a new product each
year does not mean that previous calculators are "bad," but it shows how
well TI responds to teachers and students about making a product
suitable for their personal needs.

A TI-81 was a very simple, but powerful (at the time it was produced),
however some of the more advanced students probably needed a more
powerful calculator.  Therefore, TI probably came out with the TI-85 to
respond to this need.  The 81 may seem too simple and the 85 may be too
complicated for middle school or high school students.  Thus came the
82.  Then comes the 92 and 80, for more advanced uses and less advanced
uses, respectively.  Finally we have the 83, 86, 73... the
"replacements" for the 82, 85, 80 respectively, and soon the 89, an
alternative to the TI-92+.

I hope you get my point.  TI develops calculators to meet the needs of
certain students.  Personally, I think TI has done a wonderful job with
these educational products.  They basically covered a large age group of
users... from Middle School to College... and beyond.  Hey, I am not
complaining, we have a wide variety of choices... not a bad thing...
it's nice to be able to have lots of choices.

My predictions about future TI calculators are replacements for the 83
and 86... "FLASH" versions... with a lot more memory and maybe an
improved TI-73... for more advanced middle school students...
I hope that TI will produce many "FLASH" applications... it would be
cool to have all functions of the TI-8x for the 92+ and 89... such as
finance/stats stuff... what would be really nice is a little program
that can run 82/83/85/86 programs on an 89/92+, an emulator... sort of.
Another cool idea is an "organizer" with calendar, todo list, contact
list, etc... ah, I'm just dreaming... oh well.

Thanks for reading all of this.  I hope you agree, but if you disagree ,
no problem, just let me know how you feel... but please be respectful.