Re: ERR:LABEL?!?!?!?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ERR:LABEL?!?!?!?

The program is NOT edit locked, however I still get no "Goto" option, so I
cannot see exactly where the error is coming from. And yes, it is a BASIC
program. Weird huh?

In a message dated 8/20/98 2:45:06 AM !!!First Boot!!!, dendahl@umich.edu
writes:

<< >This is wierd...I made a program on a TI-82 and later on transfered it to
an
 >83. The program works fine on the 82, but when I try to run it (with the
exact
 >same source) on my 83, I get an ERR:LABEL error with no "Goto", just the
 >"Quit" option.
 >Is there some kind of conflict here that I am unaware of? I mean, I thought
 >this shouldn't be a problem, since the TI-83 can handle a lot more labels.
 >If there is a solution to this problem, I would like to hear it, but if this
 >is an isolated incident, I would be more than happy to put up the source.

        Somehow, the program you  transferred got "locked", and that's why
 there's no GOTO option when the error occurs.  It is a BASIC program,
 right?  In that case, try to go under your program menu and edit it... If
 it IS indeed locked, then it should not appear as one of the choices.  That
 is just a way to check.  In order to unlock it, start your Graphlink
 program and open the file, then click on the little picture of the lock at
 the top of the window to unlock it...  Then you simply send it back to your
 calc.  and see where the problem is.  I also know that there are some
 slight differences between the 83 and 82's ways of labling, but you'd have
 to read the manual once you isolate the label by unlocking the prog.
 because I don't know for sure what the differences are :)  Hope this helps
 out! >>