Re: cos(X) cos(15X) TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cos(X) cos(15X) TI-83

>  I am trying to create a program where an X or a circle or whatever
>  follows the path of
>  (    cos  (randominteger between 1 and 20)  times X.    )
>  And to not display this as a graph, but rather as a drawing.
>  Or, if possible, to display it as a graph but to have it made possible
>  to stop it (using a basic TI-83 program) and to have another action happen.
>  An example would be:
>
>  A circle going from the left to the right side of the screen following a
>  cosine path, and a cross elsewhere in the field which is controlled using
>  the "cursers". When the this cross hits the circle, another action should
>  happen and this can be repeated. Is this possible to do? If so, I'd love
>  to know how,
>  if not, I'd like to know that too, so I won't be wasting my time!
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  ~Bas Hegge
>  Knoxville, TN

You could certainly start with a loop that contains a statement such as
Circle(X,cos(N*X),R)  where you have already set up values for N and R.
Of course you would build up a whole fleet of circles on top of each other,
unless you put a ClrDraw statement in between.

If you wanted to get much fancier than this you should probably go into
assembly language.  After all, the TI-83 was designed as an _instructional
tool_, not a general-purpose computer!

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623