Re: Which Graphing Calculator Should I Get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which Graphing Calculator Should I Get?

The TI-86 is an excellent calculator. It is leaps and bounds
better than the TI-85 and only cost a couple of bucks more.
If your only choices were those two go with the TI-86.

The TI-89 is not out yet, and may not be out until fall, if
it is all what they tell us it going to be, it will be
more useful than any calculator so far. I have recommend to my
students to wait, if they can, until the TI-89 is out.

Many teachers who don't allow the TI-92 but do allow the
other TI's may not even notice you are using a TI-89.
Some of our students at my school will not take a course
from a teacher who will not allow calculators. I don't
blame them. I would not, if I could help it, take a
course from them either. It really does not matter to me which calculator
they use. The more competent a student is on his/her machine
the more competitive they will be.
.

If speed and accuracy are important to you and you want
an easy calculator to learn get a TI-92 or TI-89. If you can wait
until this fall get the TI-89. It's going to be cheaper than
the TI-92 is today. I wish all students form Pre-Algebra
and on up could have the TI-89/92 a resource tool.

Good Luck

Gary Wardall