Re: Why does the TI-85 do...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does the TI-85 do...

I had a computer crash as I was writing you a note.
I was about to add that you should try Texas Instruments
home page they have execellent programs in assembly for
statistics.

http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/86assembly.htm

They work on the TI-86 and they have very good
documentation.

As for  fnInt(e^(-0.5x^2),x,-e99,t)  try:

        fnInt(e^(-0.5x^2),x,-10,t)/sqrt(2*PI)

or better yet try:

        .5+fnInt(e^(-0.5x^2),x,0,t)/sqrt(2*PI)

Both should give good results for the cummulative normal.
(The second is faster.)

Good Luck

Gary Wardall
UWGB Mathematics