New discussion topic...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New discussion topic...

Hey all,
        I thought I'd try to inject some new blood into the system with
this.  I have noticed that, in more than one case, a ported version of a
game is better than the original version.  For example, 7G on the 82 has
more options, and even comes with a seperate "turbo" version, but the 83
version (I assume the original) has only one setting.  Does anyone know why
the game authors don't make the same changes to both platforms once one has
leap-frogged the other?  I assume this difference occurs in more than just
7G, but I don't have access to any other calcs besides my 83, and I was
quite impressed to find the 82 version much more diverse.   I'm not sure
which version came first, but I am assuming that the 83 version was the
original.  Anyone share my opinions on this?  I'd like to get a feel for
why people do (or don't do, as the case may be) these things.  Thanks for
your bandwidth!

-David Endahl
endahld@scnc.wmston.k12.mi.us

"Without the band, it's just a GAME!"
"The first half is pre-game for  the halftime show"
"The second half is a time to prepare for the post-game show"
"Come for the band, stay for the football"