Re: ti92 basic questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti92 basic questions

Andreas Rose wrote:

> hi there,
> just 2 questions about ti92 basic :
>
> is there any way to not end in the PrgmIO Screen (where u can
> only switch back to the home screen with diamond home or pressing
> f5) after a program is finnished but to be back at the home screen
> where u started it (prog is doin outputs while running at the
> prgmio screen)

To do this, use the setMode command.. For example you can try:

    setMode("Split 1 App","Home")

* An easy way to use the setMode() command is to use [F6] in the program
editor.

> AND
>
> any way to prevent to type prog1(0,0,0,0) if i have a program named
> prog1 which uses 4 arguments something like just typing Q
> like a macro or something?

You could try storing the arguments in a list.. For example, instead of
writing four arguments for prog1, like:

    prog1(a,b,c,d)

you could write:

    prog1(arglist)

Now, you can use a list to store your arguments, of whatever length your
program handles. To run the program, you now have to type in something
like prog1({a,b,c,d}) BUT you can also have a, b, c, and d in a list
already, stored in a nice variable name. Knowing that your list l has
the numbers you want, you can simply write prog1(l) at the prompt.

Another way is to have the program test and read a global variable. The
really good part about this method is that you will not use any
arguments at all, but have to maintain a variable.  A really cool thing
about the TI-92 is that it allows you to test variable types, so you can
let your program create the default arguments by itself, for something
like a game's setup menu.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reply by e-mail.
tsegura (at) rice.edu

> thx for any help
> greetings Andreas
> p.s. excuse my bad english
> --
> Through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see
> one chance out between two worlds 'Fire         walk with me.'
>                               the one-armed man's poem from TP

Follow-Ups: References: