Re: Locking a TI-92 Basic Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Locking a TI-92 Basic Program

>How can I edit-lock a Basic written program on my TI92 with Rom 1.12 like
>the basic game baskball ?
>Is there a way ?
>Klaus Lukaschek
>lukas1@via.at

The basic program lock on the TI-92 is actually a bug, and can only be done
on basic programs that are compiled on ROM versions 1.7(?) and less. It has
been fixed on all ROM version after this. (Someone please correct me if I'm
wrong about this.)

Write the beginning of the program like this:

:progname()
:Prgm
:Try Else
:EndTry
:<Rest of program>
:EndPrgm

Make sure that you only do this when you are certain that you are not going
to be changing any of the code later, or that you keep another copy of it
available without the Try/Else/EndTry block.

What's great about this feature is that it work no matter if the person
trys to look at the code while it is on the calculator, or if they download
the program to their computer and use TI's software to look at it. The
results are the same; all the person will see is:

:progname()
:Prgm
:Try

The rest of the program will be erased. Note that you may want to put in
the Read Me file of the program a warning that tells the user that the
program is 'edit-locked', so that they don't get a nasty surprise!

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@postoffice.ptd.net