Re: Hi can I do complex Numbers on Ti-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hi can I do complex Numbers on Ti-85?

  There's something called "Cardano's Solution of the Cubic" which'll get
you a closed-form solutions to cubic polynomials.
  To put a cpx number into the TI-85, type it like:
    (a,b)
   where "a" is the real part, and "b" is the imaginary part. For example,
I have the number (0,1) stored to little-i on my calculator, so I can do
things w/ sqrt(-1) without fooling around too much.

|--Curtis                                                              |
|"Quaerendo Invenietis"                                                |
|  "I'm not sure how clouds get formed. But the clouds know, and       |
| that's what's important."                                            |