Re: Help with TI-89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help with TI-89

Many times?  I only took it once.  I agree that nothing on it requires a
graphing calculator, but students do like to have that saftey net handy.
As for your both or neither argument, the SAT board doesn't think that way.
I don't think they really want to get invovled with the intricacies of
calculator specifications.  They need to keep the rules simple and clearly
defined, or else test monitors will be so confused students would be able to
sneak in anything they want.  The running theory is that the SAT board
doesn't want kids bringing a pocket dictionary by saying it's their
calculator.  For this purpose, the QWERTY keyboard distinction works quite
well.  Of cousre, I know and you know that the TI-92 doesn't have a
dictionary on it, but like I said the rules need to be simple and without
exception to avoid confusion.