Qwirks v1.0 (yet 2 B made)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Qwirks v1.0 (yet 2 B made)

I've got a question. This question will take a little time to answer,
but I hope someone will help me with this (I will pu them in my credits
list!!!). I while ago, i got completely addicted to Qwirks, a tetris
clone. You have the same board as tetris, but now you have to fill it
with blob's of four different colors. If you get four or more connected
colors, those blob's will dissapear. You always get a block of two blobs

of random colors. But that isn't really important, is how I'll be able
to find where there are four or more connected and how to erase them.
Speed doesn't matter too much. Untill now my program uses four different

layers to stoer the board, each layer representing a color.
Only the first ten bit's matter. It looks like this:

00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00001000 00000000 <--- this one does not count,
00010000 00001000 only directly connected ones count
00110000 00000000
00000100 00010000
01100000 00010011
00110000 00010011
00000010 00010000

this would for example be the green layer. now I want to find and mask
out the groups of four. I have not yet found a way for this, but I hope
someone can help me with this. I already thought about rotating the
layer left and look if you could find a pattern, but I did not succeed
with that. Maybe this might help anyone who tries to solve this problem.

Thanx a whole lot in advance, and remember, you will be on the credits
list of a game that's bound to become popular!!!!

    Michiel Trimpe (ctrimpe@dse.nl)