Re: need help on a geom formula

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scott Wolf wrote:

> Does anyone know the formula for finding the measurement of an angle
> when
> the slope of the two lines is known. I know it has something to do
> with
> sin^-1 but my math teacher can't figure out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Scott Wolf

Actually, it's the inverse tangent function (you know, the 2nd+TAN
combination--not
(TAN x)^(-1) but TAN^(-1) x).  You take the slope and run it through
that.  Make sure you're in Degree mode or you'll get radians.  Then,
find the difference of the lines and that should be the angle.  To go
the other way--angle to slope--use TAN.  I'm 99.9% certain that's right,
but I may have gotten them reversed.  Hope that helps.

-Jeremy