Re: how-to with TI86 please?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how-to with TI86 please?

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:27:22 -0500 Russell Spreeman
<wolverine@howling.com> writes:
>I've graphed an equation using the "solver" which has four roots for
>the value of X, as displayed when I graph the equation... there are
>five
>vertical lines thru the X axis.
>        But how do I easily determine the value of those X intersects?

eheh you're doing it ALL wrong! the ti86 has a BUILT IN ROOT FINDER!!!!

first take the equation and make it into standard polynomial form..
ax^2+bx+c if it's more than that. that just make it to something like
that.. then.. press the 2ND POLY button.. put in the HIGHEST power
degree.. then put in the numbers.. then hit SOLVE.. and it'll give you
ALL the roots.

read the manual.. for the POLY  function..
---
-nXt
   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR:
   nxt@juno.com