Re: Ti-85 Frac Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-85 Frac Question

On 22 Sep 1997 02:50:32 GMT, "Mark Kidd" <lexkidd@gte.net> wrote:

> I'm working on a basic program to give me the slope and y-intercept of a
>line when given two points. The problem is that the output of the program
>has to be a fraction for both the slope *and* the y-intercept. Basically,
>anything that I put in the program after the first fraction call makes my
>fraction disappear. That means anything, regardless of whether it writes to
>the screen or not. (I've tried to make a menu-type program where the slope
>and intercept are actually separate). Nothing seems to work. Any help would
>be very appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand the problem properly but couldn't you put
something like this at the end of your program:

Disp SLOPE >Frac
Disp ICEPT >Frac

Where ">Frac" obtained by pressing 2nd+Math, Misc, More, F1.
(Incidentally this is the most usefull thing to have on your custom
menu).  If you want the variable to look like fractions then you have
to press ">Frac" each time, the calculator stores all numbers the same
way and as far as it is concerned all numbers are rational.  Also if
the numbers cannot be easilly turned into a fraction (the denominator
must have 4 digits or less) then the calculator can't turn it into a
fraction.

If this doesn't help then explain the problem to me in more detail and
I'll have another look at it.

Matthew