TI-92 and infinite alternating sums - bug?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-92 and infinite alternating sums - bug?

Possible bug?

I just tried this:  (1/5)*sum((-4/5)^k,k,0,infinity)  and it returned
a formula... approximation gives a non-real result.

Yet this sum has a definite value of (1/-4)*(1/(1-(-4/5)))=-5/36
according to our book...?

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools -- the Cynics, the
Stoics and the Epicureans -- and summed up all three of them in his famous
phrase, "You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and
there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink."
        -- We meet Dydactylos the philosopher
           (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)