Re: Modem Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Modem Link

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:04:31 -0400, "Tom Lake" <tomlake@northnet.org>
wrote:

>I heard there was a way to connect a TI-85 to a modem so you can get
>your e-mail stuff and whatnot. Is this true?
Yup. Here's how:
Put whatever assembly shell and terminal program is available for the
ti-85 on your calc. Connect one end of a real ti-graph-link (no
homemade cables) to your calc and the other end to a NULL MODEM
ADAPTER. You can get this from Radio Shack. Connect your modem, plus
whatever gender changers and adapters you need, to the other end of
the null modem adapter. Plug in the modem and you're ready to go!
Note that while you can access BBSs form your calc (minus the cool
color ANSI screens) you cannot access SLIP or PPP.