Re: Simple question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Simple question

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:40:38 +0100, jzs@europa.com (Justin Smith)
wrote:

>Hello Luis!
>
>Like all things that are homemade, they may, or may not work. I would not
>recommend building your own.

Actually, like all things made, they work when they aren't broken ;-).
While making your own homemade cable could have a chance of not
working (No worries, this isn't like SCSI, a wrong configuration will
not frag your calc, computer, or the ports), it's just plain because
oneof the diodes is the wrong way, or other related manufacture
faults. If you have no experience building your own stuff, you might
as well order a home-made from someone. they go for about $10, and
they are all tested before sent out. The only limitation is that it
doesn't work with the windows TI-Graph Link software from TI itself.
>If you damage something, you will obviously be responsible.
The set up of the link port and the amount of voltage and current a
parallel port can send is not enough to damage anything in any way.
Some device link systems such as SCSI *CAN* fry things when set up
wrongly. Parallel ports and the TI link port cannot.

And yes, the homemade cable should work fine for the TI-92.