Re: What chip!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What chip!

> never mind that stuff, just get a newton MP2K and goto www.sineware.com,
> check out their calc for the newton.  it beats the 86 I bet, and hopefully
> some sort of slimmed down mathematica is coming soon.
Ok, let me get this straight. MP2K is $1000, 86 is $119 (at local
office max). I'm sure that a mp2k's processor is faster than a 86 and
I'm sure that someone MIGHT have a better calc. program for the mp2k
then the ti-os for 86, but I'd rather have my 86 stolen than have a
mp2k stolen. not to mention that for the price of a mp2k I could get
a pentium 90-133mhz laptop (though, I doubt any teacher would let
either the mp2k or the laptop into the classroom, any teacher in
highschool that is (in my area))
If I got ANY pda device it'd be a PALMPILOT PRO with 1mb ram; those
are the best.

> plus digitals ARM(advanced risc machines) has a _new_ chip better than
> anything intel (not the freak who wants world domination power) OR
> motorola has or will have.  forget the name, but it's in some phones and
> stuff, more processing speed, less volts and has other "stuff" on the
> dime-sized packet.
>
> also, at the rate new chips come out replacable roms, etc would not make
> sense, because it's cheaper just to buy a whole new machine than to design
> it so you can get at all the innards.
>
> my two cents, maybe take this to ti-hardware.
>

> Jesse1s@hotmail.com

Follow-Ups: References: