Re: your mail

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: your mail

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 aurora-guy@JUNO.COM wrote:

> > I think it's worth noting that Intel no longer holds #calc-ti. We
> >were successful
> >in reclaiming it.
>

> How in the world did Intel get it in the first place?!
>

> Eric Klos <aurora-guy@juno.com>  Reside in Harrison Twp.  MI
> Ho slots, prefer Aurora
> MAGIC:TG Looking for places to play in Harrison Twp.
> WANTED:R/C ClodBuster or Bullhead any condition

intel got #calc-ti, their alternate, and #ti-files by spoofing one of the
bots hostnames. the bot happened to have no password set so when he joined
the channel, the other bots opped him. we have since plugged that security
hole.

we got them back by some netsplits and flooding the heck out of intel and
piper45's bots.

 |  Matthew S. Trent  |         (.'.)
 |mtrent@geocities.com|/---------(_)----------\
 |   aka:tErMiNaToR   ||http://piguy.base.org |