TI-92 Number Theory Library, v2.0a

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-92 Number Theory Library, v2.0a

I am almost ready to release a new version of the number theory function
library for the TI-92. Functions covered include:

 * Fermat's method for factoring
 * Pollard's rho method
 * Weak test for primality
 * Solovay-Strassen test
 * Selfridge's Strong test
 * Lucas test with respect to the Fibonacci sequence (i.e., b,c=1)
 * Chinese remaindering
 * square roots mod p
 * integer square roots (and fast square detection)

and more...

Right now I'm finishing up some routines (I may try and implement the
Strong Lucas test w/ respect to the Fib. sequence, for example) and looking
for interested people to test out the library before I upload it to my
web site and make it generally available. If you'd like to receive a
"pre-release copy," just e-mail me and, as soon as I'm done [probably
within 2 days or so], I'll e-mail you the file group and the
documentation.

- Paul Pollack
paulp@gte.net