Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

Keith Barrette wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am looking for a TI for use in high school and college math courses
> and for gaming.  It looks to me as if the 85 is best, but I thought I
> would ask your opinons.  BTW, can the 86 run 85 software?
> Please e-mail replies to be sure I get them.
> Thanks!
> --- Keith

I would have to say go with the 86.  Sure there's not as many games as
the 85, but hell, it's only 20 dollars more for 98k of space (BTW I have
about 15 ASM programs, 2 of which are 6.5k apiece and I *STILL* have 55k
of space free... nice), better matrix/list editors, tables, multiple
graphing styles, etc.  And the 86 can run 85 BASIC programs.  All in
all, the 86 is really the way to go.  I held out as long as possible
with the 85, but once I got the 86, it just pales in comparision.  Yes,
running BASIC programs on the 86 can get a good bit slower than usual,
but who's gonna run BASIC programs?  The new ASM games are killer.  So
go with the 86, it's worth it.

Follow-Ups: References: