Re: Link: TI83 vs. TI85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Link: TI83 vs. TI85

Jack the Klipper wrote:

> Curtiss Howard wrote:
> > No... for one thing, files for the 85 are incompatible with the 83... so
> > don't go expecting to play his games on your 83 :)
> The ti 83 and 85 have a different communications system.
> while the 83 can communicate with the 82 (recive all, send lists),it
> can't with
> the 85.
> Even if you decide to go by your computer, the *.83* donesn't work with
> the 85,
> and vice-verca

Sorry 'bout the confusion, but you two have mis-read my message.

1) I already know that the TI-85 and the TI-83 are not compatible.
2) Here is my question, hopefully re-stated clearly:

I have a parallel link that I built by splicing my TI-83's calc-to-calc
link. It works fine for transferring files from my computer to the
TI-83, but it does not work when transferring files from the computer to
the TI-85. No, I am not trying to download *.83* files. I am downloading
the regular *.85s Z-Shell programs.

My question was this: Do the TI85 and the TI83 calculator links differ
physically? If so, that would explain my problem, because the TI83 link
cable would not be making a good connection with the TI85. If they
cables are interchangable, however, my problem is somewhere else.

So, once again, do the TI85 and the TI83 calculator to calculator link
cables differ physically?
--
| Ryan "Grommit" Avery    grommit@concentric.net |

Follow-Ups: References: