Re: running calc on AC adaptor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: running calc on AC adaptor

>I'm not so brilliant in the field of electronics and the such, but
>couldn't you
> take a 6 volt AC -> DC adaptor (mouser catalog #412-6200 for example)
>plug it
> into an outlet and run your calc on it, if so that would save on battery
>life
> while you're at home.  Anyways thanks for your thoughts.
>
>-Dan

Yep this could be done as long as the adaptor is connected to the correct
battery terminals. If you are game you could put a socket in your calc so
that all you had to do was plug the adaptor in, the plug would need to be
wired to the battery connections with a diode, to stop the power from the
plug pack getting to the batteries. I wouldn't bother though, batteries
aren't that expensive and the calcs don't use them very quickly

From,
      Wesley Moore

Email: moore.w@patash.com.au