Re: RPGs for 86? (Modem boy)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RPGs for 86? (Modem boy)

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997 14:10:28 EST, n X t <nxt@JUNO.COM> wrote:

>it's kewl.. i'm just hoping that all 2 PLAYER LINK GAMES.. uses.. JIMMY
>MARDELL'S link routines.!!! so playing against different calcs are
>possible!!

It has nothing to do with the link routines really... if you just use
the same link protocol it works.

I will work on new linkroutines though that will make (if I get
it to work) make linking a lot easier and much more stable.
Everyone who has played ztetris between two 8x calcs
has noticed that it isn't very good... When linking with a 92
however, it's a LOT better, because the linkroutines in the ROM
on the 92 rule :) I will try to make similiar link routines for
the 85 and the 86.

>  WOW.. BIG GAME IDEA HERE!!!  JIMMY!!! since you ported PJ for
>the ti86.. make it 2 PLAYER LINK capable.. and you have to RACE.. the
>other player.. and whoever reaches the end first.. wins..

A very cool idea indeed. Another thing that should be added
is a timer. Plain Jump is actually a quite easy game, since
there is no time pressure.

I won't code those new features however. Ask Andreas
Ess instead. I don't want to (or have time to) make improvments
of a ported game that I didn't develop.

Jimmy Merdell <mja@algonet.se>
http://www.algonet.se/~mja
IRC: Yarin