Re: Rename program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rename program

CHRISTOPHER M. BUCKLEY <buckleyc@MAILSERV1.FERRIS.EDU> wrote:
> Greetings -

> I don't know if the 86 works like the 85 but on the 85 you can just
> create a new program name, go into the new program press 2nd RCL
> followed by the name of the old program.  Hope this helps!

> - CMB

You know, I've had my TI-85 for almost 5 years now, and never knew
that. Is that documented in the manual and I just missed it? It's
quite a nifty trick, although not particularly intuitive if you don't
know about it. Perhaps it should be in the FAQ? I don't know how many
times I'll start on a program, and about 3/4 through it realize the
name is pretty dumb and want to change it, but was stuck since I
didn't know how to. Heck, I didn't even think it was possible.

--
Dan Bongert                | Hire the Morally Handicapped--It's More Fun
dbongert@students.wisc.edu | National Institute for the Morally Handicapped

Follow-Ups: References: