Re: running calc on AC adaptor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: running calc on AC adaptor

One caution I would add is to be sure of the type of DC adapter.
Many ceahp adapters have very little (i.e. NO) regulation or filtering.
They basically rely on the battery to smooth out the voltage, like
in a car.  If there is no battery, the pulsating DC might just drive
the calculator crazy.  I remember seeing that effect (20) years ago on
a calculator.  If you took the battery out and ran it from the adapter,
you would just get a bunch of "0000000" flashing, as it ran its POST
every 1/120 of a second.

Now, some adapters DO have filtering and maybe the TI-xxx model you
have has internal regulators and filters.  I don't know about your
specific case.

"The analysis was competent, but to receive a higher grade, the business
 must be feasible.  C-"  -- Grade on a term paper describing a business plan
for overnight delivery by Fred Smith, who later founded Federal Express.

He who quoteth more than he writeth new things, let him be anathema.
Gary@Litronic.com               (Preferred.)
sleepy.jackal@worldnet.att.net  (Weekends only.  No attachments, please.)
FCJ3aA--C++DH-M--P-R++T+W-ZSm--RLct/Ea35cwdn+++(cubl---)d---e++1/2f++h**i+p--sm#