Re: People are too dependant on calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 12:04 AM 10/24/97 GMT, Scott Kidder wrote:
>matter of understanding the concepts, which is what you lose when plugging
>in values into the calc.

You have to remember that we are now in a period of extreme laziness -
everyone wants something done for them.  Whether they take advantage of
welfare, disability - whatever - this is the way people are.  This is why
they will continue to run other people's programs on a calc rather than
write their own, using other people's work for their own profit (yet
intellectual loss).

|  Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com  |
|          IRC: CuCullin, RmMinusRf            |
|  http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/  |
|       /server irc.pagannet.org 10000         |