Re: Saving lists

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saving lists

>     I use TI-82's in my class,  and only have a few available to share
> for all classess  (school budget stuff... )  .  Is there a way I can
> save the contents of a list so that another student can use the stat
> lists without losing the other student's information?   I've attempted
> several ways but can't seem to quite figure it out.
>
> Thanks   Sue L
>
> Reply to  Becket.math@connriver.net

This is a major limitation of the TI-82, which was addressed in design
of the TI-83.  Depending how _long_ your data lists are, you might consider
storing them into rows of a big matrix.  It wouldn't be hard to write
a little routine that would transfer the entries in a specified row of
a matrix variable to a specified one of the list variables (L1 to L6),
or another routine to perform the transfer in the opposite direction.
You would probably want to make the entries in the first column of
the matrix keep track of the lengths of the lists being stored in the
various rows (unless all your lists are going to be of the same length).

          RWW Taylor
          National Technical Institute for the Deaf
          Rochester Institute of Technology
          Rochester NY 14623