Grrr... ti-86 + parallel link cable + software = >:(

Plain and simple.

I've got a TI-86 (probably know).

Recently built the parallel port cable using the correct diodes,
pointing the right way etc.

I've tried CAL and the wTran8xx software, to which, neither work. the
latest wtran software allows you to change speed factor, which does
diddly for me. Or so i think. Cal... I just get a transmission error
#38. I've did the link test from CAL, and from the file linktest.com
that I d/led off www.ticalc.org

So far, i've spent about 5 bucks building this cable... I'd like to get
some form of use out it... I've tried the cable on a P166 (shouldn't
make a difference) along with a TI-85 calc, (using wtran). It's getting
a tad frustrating. I'm beginning to point the problems to the
software... but I can't be sure... even with the included CAL
documentation, it mentioned that it <might> work.

Oh for corn sakes, someone help!

-): Modem Boy :(-