TI85 Bug? 10^-1(e6) Incorrect Result???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI85 Bug? 10^-1(e6) Incorrect Result???

My wife was doing some chemistry conversions when one of her
calculations came up with the answer "0".  Her equation was similar to:

        10^-1(10^6)

This seems to be a operation processing order error to me; the
calculator seems to be raising 10 to the -1e6th power, and getting 0 for
an answer.  This seems incorrect to me.  I would expect the "^" would be
evaluated first - e.g. (10^-1)*(e6).  In fact, when I key the equation
in this way, I get the answer I would expect.

Can anyone explain this apparent bug?  (Can you duplicate it?)

thanks -

-Pete

Peter Chrisbacher
mailto:pxbacher@netaxs.com