Am I paying too much?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Am I paying too much?

I'm sorry to bother all of you again so soon, but I have another
question. Recently I ordered a few parts from Mouser Electronics to make
a parallel TI-PC link cable. The parts added up to a total of about
$8.50(thanks to Pete for the part numbers). I decided to have it
delivered via UPS Ground Shipping, and pay C.O.D. Thinking that the
final cost(including shipping and etc.) would add up to around $10, I
placed the order without even thinking about the cost. Then later it
came to my mind and I decided to email Mouser about it. I listed the
parts and their costs, and I asked them what the final cost would be
with the shipping and C.O.D. charges. In a reply Mouser Elec. told me to
add approx. $4 for shipping and around $5 for C.O.D. charges. This seems
a bit outrageous, since the costs of the parts themselves don't even add
up to $9. Did I just get ripped off? Or did I make a bad choice by
deciding to pay C.O.D.? I'm a high school student, I don't have my
personal checks and my parents are not too eager to write me a check for
$10 for an accessory for a calculator that seems to work just perfectly
by itself. I thought there wouldn't be a charge for paying C.O.D.,
because in the "Ordering Info" part of Mouser Electronic's page I read
that only shipping charges are added to credit card/C.O.D. payments. I'm
really confused. It seems like a lot of you bought parts from Mouser
Electronics one time or another, can someone please shine some light on
this subject?