Re: What to buy: CFX-9850G or TI-86?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What to buy: CFX-9850G or TI-86?

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:43:06 +0200 Frank Ahnert <ahf@HRZ.TU-CHEMNITZ.DE>
writes:
>Hello all,
>
>is there anyone to give me some hints?

Well, on this list, you will overwhelmingly get support for the TI-86,
but 90% of the people here don't even have much experience with anything
else, and you will see who these people are, because they will all write
something like "The 86 rocks, the Casio sux.  Buy the 86", with no
reasons why.  Even still, I would have to say to go with the 86 myself,
and here are the reasons.  The 86 has MUCH more support than any casio,
it is easier to use, it has lots more features, and more features that
are useful than the Casio, the Casio does have the neat 3 color screen,
but remember that color LCD's will eat batteries much faster than
monochrome screens will, even if you aren't displaying color on a color
LCD.  I also feel that the GUI on the Casio is awkward, and hard to get
used to.  You also have to reset the mode all the time, you can't just
set it and forget it like you can on the TI-86.  So here is one vote for
the 86.

-calc 82  <c82@juno.com>