Re: TI-95

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-95

In article <875882119.24715@dejanews.com>,
  fpolive@bigfoot.com wrote:

> Does TI-95 really exist??
>
> Or it's only a project ??

>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

The TI-95 was another misguided attempt by TI to produce a follow-up for
the TI-59. I used one for a while, (and still do, as a 4-function one :)
) However, it was, AFAIK, the first calculator that you could program in
assembly language (TMS7000). It took me all of twenty minutes to get into
the ROMs, despite the fact that TI tried to protect them from being
accessed, and I later disassembled the entire operating system, commented
parts of it, and used an exit in the system ROMs to write my own 8K
extension to the operating system, if anyone is interested I can dig it
up, but don't count on a fast response.

Unfortunately, TI never seemed to understand that calculators had moved
on since the TI-59, and the TI-95 just couldn't compete with anything HP
put on the market.

Regards,

Robert
--