Re: Joysticks on the TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Joysticks on the TI-92

On Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:18:43 -0700, Devin Bryant
<COUNTRYROADS@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>I was looking some of my computer parts when I noticed, the port on the
>top of the 92 that is used for overhead units is the same type of port
>as the joystick port on my laptop. I can easily hook up my joystick to
>the adapter cable that came with the laptop, and the same type of port
>is used on many other laptops.
>
>I was wondering if it would be possible to use this port to build
>joystick support into Fargo programs. For people like me who still have
>those old little joysticks like the one for our PS/1, it would be very
>cool, even on the road. Those old joysticks are usually very simple
>hardware-wise, so the programming wouldn't be to hard or large, but I
>don't know if it can be done on a 92.

Not possible; for a very simple reason: that port is output only.
Considering, as you say, the simple hardware, plus the amount of
signals needed (very little), it should be possible to hook it to the
link port.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

On nights such as these the gods, as has already been pointed out, play
games other than chess with the fates of mortals and the thrones of kings.
It is important to remember that they always cheat, right up to the end...
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)