Re: ASM Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ASM Question

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 15:38:48 -0400, Joseph Gaffney
<gaffney@THETHINKER.COM> wrote:

>At 03:28 PM 10/3/97 GMT, Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
>>Now stop whining about it. it can't be done.
>
>Is that right? Well, perhaps you should go to
>
>http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/TI86/85-86.h
>
>hmmmmmmm........
>
>Now, as I goddamn said before you dared contradict me, it isn't perfect,
>but it sure as hell isn't that bad of an attempt.
>
>Just replace ti-85.h with 85-86.h, and .ORG 0 with .ORG PROG_ADDR, then
>compile and youre set.

But it won't work 100% on many programs. One reason it causes problem
is that most of the time (at least not with my programs)  I never use
the alias TEXT_MEM - I type $80DF instead. So, when compiling
with 85-86.h, the variables won't be stored in the textmem, but in
RAM page 1 (but that will actually work, but that's just pure luck).

A lot of romcalls that are very similiar for the 85 & 86 aren't 100%
compatilbe though. For example, call _puts on the TI-86 doesn't work
when displaying on the two last lines. Also, GET_KEY destroys the BC
register on the 86, but not on the 85 (which caused me some problems).
Sure, it's just to push/pop BC in front of get_key, but that needs to
be done manually.

There are a lof of other similiar stuff as well that will make games
not 100% compatible.

Jimmy Merdell <mja@algonet.se>
http://www.algonet.se/~mja
IRC: Yarin